In most cases, cavities are due to a diet high in sugary foods and a lack of brushing. Thus, limiting sugar intake and brushing regularly can help prevent tooth decay. It’s also important to receive a professional cleaning twice a year.
Tips for cavity prevention:
- Limit the frequency of meals and snacks.
- Encourage brushing, flossing and rinsing.
- Watch what your child drinks.
- Avoid sticky foods.
- Make treats a part of meals.
- Choose nutritious snacks.
- See your pediatric dentist every 6 months.